TTC Ventrilo Server [it is now down]

This forum contains general site related information and any announcements.
[TTC]Pleiades
Site Admin

TTC Ventrilo Server [it is now down]

Post#1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 pm

The ventrilo server is not down. The provider changed IP addresses and did not send out an e-mail communicating this change.

I've updated the dns records so ventrilo.terminalclan.com should begin to work again shortly.

In the mean time, you can connect by IP 70.85.251.56 (steel.pure-voice.net)

Please e-mail me or catch me on irc (irc(dot)terminalclan(dot)com) if this is still a problem.
~Pleiades/Scooter/Astinah

[TTC]Pleiades
Site Admin

Re: TTC Ventrilo Server

Post#2 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 am

I wanted to toss a quick update on this topic to say it's better to catch me on Yahoo (torry_crass) or Facebook if there's any problems with Ventrilo or the site at this point. I've been exceptionally busy and unfortunately only get time to check e-mail and the sites about once a month at this point. Hopefully this will improve but unfortunately it won't get much better for now.

[TTC]Pleiades
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 am

THIS MESSAGE WAS POSTED BY: grusla ([email protected]) -- I accidentally deleted this account in the spam clean-up

Hi, I run Ventrilo voice communication and whenever I try to connect to an online game such as World of Warcraft or any Half Life Mod server css, dod source etc it reconnects me to Ventrilo. It sometimes happens when I disconnect from these servers as well. Any ideas?

[TTC]Pleiades
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Quick update. The Ventrilo server is back up and running. It lapsed due to a problem with my PayPal account. Sorry about that :(

[TTC]Pleiades
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:03 pm

New update related to the ventrilo server.

At this point. The ventrilo server is indeed down. I was looking at usage information related to it and I simply can't justify the cost of it for the use that it's getting (or not getting in this case). As such, the ventrilo server has been allowed to expire and for the time being I won't be renewing it.

Instead, I will be setting up (and making a post with information) a TTC teamspeak server which I do intend to keep up indefinitely as I have a NPO license for teamspeak that allows me to set up a free server with a whole lot of slots.

If there is a need for ventrilo in the future, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about getting it going again.

Return to “Information & Announcements”